What do teeth implants cost in South Africa?
Teeth implants and veneers – what are they, what do teeth implants cost in South Africa and what are the alternatives?
Accidents happen. Decay happens and unfortunately, when it happens in your mouth, you can’t hide it – unless you prefer to look mean in interviews because you never smile or speak with your hand in front of your mouth. Not good options! Dental implants, on the hand, are.
One of the questions most patients want to be answered upfront is: What do teeth implants cost in South Africa? This is a legitimate question. We encourage all our patients to be open and upfront as the cost is one of the factors influencing the type of tooth replacement procedure. It is not an easy question to answer though, as the procedure requires special steps, materials, equipment, and human resources besides just the dental surgeon. Prices start from R10 000 per tooth and can go up to R22 000 per tooth. We will return to the factors that influence what teeth implants cost in South Africa later.
We will also look at another popular treatment at our offices – pearly white veneers that totally transform your smile. At Silver Oaks Dental Clinic, we are have seen an exponential increase in requests for veneers in South Africa, from both local and foreign patients.
What are dental implants?
They are metal holders, posts, or frames that are surgically inserted beneath the gums, into the jawbone. These implants act as replacement ‘roots’ to hold or anchor the new tooth that will be formed. In the long run, the implants fuse to the jawbone. As a result, they provide a much more stable base for a replacement tooth. Dentures and bridges remain good options but for ease of convenience, teeth implants are tops.
Are there any barriers to receiving a dental implant?
Yes, there can be. These barriers are not insurmountable though – they simply mean that there will be more steps to the procedure.
The most important requirement is that a potential tooth implant recipient has a disease-free gum line and a healthy jawbone. If not, a bone graft could be required first. This is certainly one of the factors affecting what teeth implants cost in South Africa. There could be another issue in the form of bone height. This needs to be assessed when a tooth implant in the upper jaw is required.
If the upper jaw is too close to the sinuses, a sinus lift may be required. This is another factor impacting costs.
Other factors affecting what teeth implants cost in South Africa. What else besides a bone graft or sinus lift will typically affect your teeth implant cost in South Africa – or anywhere, really?
Here are the main ones:
1. The number of implants. Implants are usually charged per tooth.
2. The materials being used. Usually, these are titanium or titanium alloy. As a dentist, we have to use biocompatible materials that will be well-received by your jawbone and won’t cause any allergies.
3. X-Rays and other mouth scans. These are performed before we proceed so we can be aware of any potential complications that may arise during surgery. It also helps us assess the bone density and health of your jawbone.
4. Location. If you have your implants done in the most expensive cities in the world, one of the big costs that have to be absorbed is renting office space. Just like with other retailers, these and other costs are factored into the costs of treatment procedures themselves.
5. Your dental surgeon’s experience and qualifications. It is true that you get what you pay for! You wouldn’t want a rookie dental surgeon or dentist not specialized in surgery to operate on your mouth. Yet, unfortunately, that is what some people still opt for as it is ‘cheaper’. In the long run, it is more expensive, as you’ll likely need a surgeon to correct technical issues relating to the implant.
Teeth implant costs at Silver Oaks
We try to keep costs as affordable as possible, without sacrificing expertise, the comfort of patients, or the quality of the results. Costs are about R9000 a tooth, but again, that is a very generic figure as it depends on the manufacturer you choose. All our manufacturers are internationally recognized and meet European Standards.
Below are some of the examples of dental implant smile makeovers done at Silver Oaks Dental Clinic under Dr. Roy Richard Huson.
Contact us on 031 202 6584 to find out more and about which medical financing options we are affiliated with.
dental implant costs in South Africa
Getting veneers in South Africa
Your smile definitely is worth a thousand words – let’s just hope they’re words of admiration and not anything else! When fitting veneers in South Africa, the procedures are exactly the same as overseas. In fact, we pride ourselves on using cutting-edge, approved technology and practices to such an extent that we’ve often innovated with better, newer treatments or procedures long before they’ve become mainstream.
We have built up our leading reputation over many years of study, overseas experience, and the best of local experience. As a result, we take maintaining the good regard for our work very seriously. We push ourselves by subscribing to the philosophy that we are only as good as the last procedure – this means excelling all the time, every time. And it means getting the best veneers in South Africa.
What are veneers?
Veneer treatments fall into the realm of cosmetic dentistry. They are thin white layers of porcelain designed to cover the front of your tooth. Veneers can greatly enhance appearance. Prices for dental veneers start from R5500 and can go up to R9500 per tooth.
Below are some of the examples of veneer smile makeovers at Silver Oaks Dental Clinic by Dr. Roy Richard Huson.
In what cases are veneers a good option?
We will not be able to offer you veneers if your tooth is damaged too badly. The remaining tooth needs to be sufficiently strong to have a veneer ‘glued’ on.
Veneers in South Africa are for you if:
● Your teeth are stained or discoloured
● Your teeth are ground down (but not too far down)
● Your teeth are chipped or damaged
● Your teeth do not have an even shape around the edges, have craters or bulge
● You have a gap between your teeth – we could then attach veneers that close the gap or align the teeth better.
We use the latest digital technology and have to outsource very little. We’re aware that most of our patients are time-scarce – and if you’re here on dental safari, you want to have enough time to enjoy your safari after all! So typically a veneer procedure takes three visits, but we are able to cut this down, depending on your needs and also the state of your ‘original’ teeth.
Speak to us so we can gladly assess and let you know. Although we are time-aware, we will never sacrifice client safety or the integrity of a procedure. We look forward to welcoming you and seeing you walk away with your new, perfect smile!
Contact us on 031 202 6584 or email email@example.com to book your appointment.