Your top surgeon and safari destination
South Africa has long held the title of best country for dental tourism, thanks to a superb medical practice and pioneering reputation, technological entrepreneurship and some of the finest tourism experiences the world has to offer.
At Silver Oaks, we are proud to be a standout surgeon and safari destination thanks to our time-compacting, cutting-edge technology, vast cosmetic dental experience both locally and abroad .
South Africa has left its medical mark on the world
Although the world first took notice when Christiaan Barnard performed the first heart transplant in the world at Groote Schuur Hospital in Cape Town in 1967, this was not the last of the medical marvels to come from the world’s best country for dental tourism:
● In December 2014, urologist Andre van der Merwe and plastic surgeon Frank Graewe, both from South Africa, performed the world’s first successful penis transplant.
● South African-American virologist and physician Max Theiler developed a yellow fever vaccine in 1937, and this bagged him the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 1951.
● In 1979, Allan McLeod Cormack and Godfrey Hounsfield were rewarded with the 1979 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for their work on X-ray computed tomography. This was the invention of the CAT scan.
Of course, South Africa as the best country for dental tourism has also been responsible for a slew of top technological innovations, with the following being a handful of highlights:
● In 1996, Vodacom was the first network to introduce prepaid airtime and debit the amounts in real time for customer accounts. This was a gamechanger in the mobile phone industry worldwide.
● The invention of the SASWITCH ATM machine was also a global gamechanger. For the first time, it allowed a banking card user to draw money from a machine not affiliated to his or her bank.
● In 1995, billionaire Mark Shuttleworth founded Thawte Consulting which revolutionised digital certificates and digital security. It was acquired by VeriSign in 1999 for $575 million in one of the biggest tech transactions of the time.
● TESLA founder and PayPal co-founder Elon Musk, who recently launched a TESLA Roadster into space, was born and schooled in South Africa.
South Africa is a safari leader
As for tourism itself, South Africa is a safari industry leader, and the best country for dental tourism in Africa and beyond. South Africa offers any kind of leisure experience you could want from unmatchable by-the-sea escapades, adventure and extreme adventure travel, cosmopolitan candy for the traveller and more.
Throw in a favourable rand-foreign currency exchange rate, and the finest of cosmetic dental treatments and Instagram-worthy holidays are available at highly affordable rates.
South Africa is officially recognised by the SADC as a leader in medical tourism, and the best best country for dental tourism. The best of healthcare facilities and vacations unrivalled anywhere in the world continue to draw health tourists to Silver Oaks from the US, Australia, Germany, Italy, Britain, Netherlands and other parts of Europe.
Why is SA regarded as the best country for dental tourism and medical vacations?
Some of the many reasons include
● Urban South Africa offers a modern and high-tech living, cosmopolitan, and medical experience for medical travellers.
● Medical tourists can expect to find highly trained doctors and dentists working in modern, accredited hospitals and clinics with cutting-edge equipment.
● Thanks to the weakness of the rand, hundreds of medical procedures are available at a comparatively low cost. Travellers pay roughly a third of the cost for an equivalent procedure in the UK.
● The natural beauty is unparalleled meaning recovery couldn’t be in more scenic conditions.
● There is no language barrier as English is widely spoken, and as a mother tongue in many instances.
● Travellers from Europe, the UK and Africa at large experience very little jetlag, making the journey to here a pleasant one.
A leading reputation as the best dental implants abroad
At Silver Oaks, we’ve cemented our place as the provider of the best dental implants abroad, thanks to the many word-of-mouth referrals from overseas customers and a unique money-back guarantee.
Dental implants – do you need them?
Dental implants are the closest thing to replacing your real teeth. They are not held in place, unlike dentures or bridges. We follow international best practice and place metal ‘holders’ beneath your gums into the jawbone. These holders fuse with your jawbone and become the ‘roots’ for your tooth.
Dental implants – two approaches
As the best dental implants abroad we will only work with world renowned manufacturers so that should you bite into anything hard and damage your implant the parts are then widely available and you dont have to place the dental implant from scratch again.
We do not proceed without assessing your jaw structure and needs, and discussing these with you. In some cases, we may advise on a different treatment such as a bridge, although this is the exception and we will only deviate from a treatment sought for very specific reasons.
What we do advise as responsible providers of the best dental implants abroad, is that implants are risky if your jawbone is brittle or damaged.
You need to have enough bone so that the implants last over 25 years. We will assess your teeth with a CT scan and make sure that you have enough bone and advise various options further.
Dental implants – advantages
● When providing you with the best dental implants abroad, we ensure that the end result looks, feels and functions like a natural tooth.
● You will not have to remove anything or make any adjustments when speaking, chewing or eating.
● This is a one-off procedure, so you may as well come on safari while you have the best dental implants abroad done. There are no post-operative adjustments or replacement needs every few short years.
● The implants will fit the shape of your face and you don’t have to worry about the likes of ‘dental pull’ on your cheeks.
We hope you will join the many who have had the best dental implants abroad fitted with us!