What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic Dentistry at our offices in Durban offer the highest quality in Dentistry.
Cosmetic Dentistry refers to dental work that improves the appearance of teeth, gums and/or bite. We are never really born with perfect teeth and Cosmetic Dentistry enhances the look of our teeth. We have the latest technology and an in-house lab specifically designed to perfect your smile, improve your confidence and overall being.
Is Cosmetic Dentistry Worth It?
- Cosmetic dentistry corrects aesthetic flaws – If you have stained, misshapen, small teeth, chips, cracks or high gum lines then this can be corrected with cosmetic dentistry
- Cosmetic treatment can help you look younger – Research has shown that cosmetic treatment makes you look 10 years younger. Correcting the discoloration and erosion.
- Cosmetic treatment can enhance your career and improve self confidence – Research has shown that when you are more confident you take on greater responsibility and leadership. You may also look happier hence greater motivation and dedication to your career.
- Some procedures can help prevent future dental damage – Cosmetic treatments help strengthen teeth through bonding by covering up any fractures or erosion thereby protecting already compromised areas.
- Dr Roy Richard Huson has over 20 years of experience specialising in Cosmetic Dentistry in the UK and working with celebrities in the UK. He worked under celebrity dentist Dr Joe Oliver. He has fixed several celebrity smiles all with great results.
At Silver Oaks Dental Clinic we are continually striving to learn more to give our patients the very best treatment we can. We are one of the few practices in South Africa that are technologically advanced and offer you Cosmetic Imaging via the computer. We can show you how your treatment could potentially look even before it is completed. This gives you time to go over possible changes with Dr Richard Huson before attempting to start your treatment and you will know exactly what you are getting. This leads to a successful, happy patient that smiles leaving this practice and getting the very best cosmetic dentistry treatment in Durban, South Africa. Dr Huson has been using Digital Smile Design (DSD) since it started around 10 years ago.
During April 2018 Dr Huson attended the Advanced Restorative Course hosted by Dr Mark Bowes of the Implant and Aesthetic Academy (IAA). The course focused on brand new digital technologies which are being used in dentistry today. It focussed on Biomimetic Dentistry which is the art of preserving teeth and surrounding tissue in such a way as to mimic nature while still creating ideal aesthetics. Dr Mark Bowes is world famous in Aesthetic and Complex Restorative Dentistry. Dr Bowes has pioneered the development of Digital Smile Design (DSD) in South Africa – this concept allows dentists to develop a smile which fits the individual patients’ Aesthetic and Functional needs whilst providing Minimally Invasive Dentistry. Dr Bowes is a Digital Smile Design World Master and an Instructor in South Africa, and one of only two on the African Continent. He lectures and teaches DSD both in South Africa and Internationally. Click here to read more about Dr Mark Bowes.